The High Scope Infant Toddler Curriculum uses a carefully designed process of learning through discovery.
At our Learning Center in Colts Neck and Bloomfield New Jersey, Future Generation staff members encourage infants and toddlers to discover the world around them by exploring and playing.
Learning and development are anchored by long-term trusting relationships with caregivers, who are close at hand to support children as they play.
At Future Generation, caregivers support children’s natural desire to be active learners. Creating an active learning environment for infants and toddlers means consciously considering all their needs- socio-emotional, physical,cognitive and socio-linguistic. We believe that:
- Infants and toddlers learn with their whole body and with all their senses.
- Infants and toddlers learn because they want to.
- Infants and toddlers communicate what they know.
- Infants and toddlers learn within the context of trusting relationships.
Future Generation teaching staff create and implement daily plans that foster growth and development in the following content areas of our curriculum:
- Approaches to Learning
- Social& Emotional Development
- Physical Development& Health
- Communication, Language,& Literacy
- Cognitive Development
- Creative Arts